CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Jacob's Court of Honor Part I

I am always backwards on these things... Here he is the crowning moment when Jake gets his award, he looks just a little excited, we could not decide if Jake or my dad was more excited. (my dad his scoutmaster, 8th time being scoutmaster, and his 60th Eagle Scout) An exciting day for both Papa and grandon. (and Tanner Wilson and Jonathan Bennett who also recived their Eagle Scouts the same night, so it was quite the affair!)
And he hets his Eagle neckercheif, make sure everything lines up nice and neat!
Uncle Jared, reviewing the oath and their pact of responsibilities as Eagle Scouts!
How many people does it take to fold a 50' x 30 ' (yes FOOT) flag I think we had 10 or 12 people, I was on the end of course and we were folding it properly or trying to anyways, it is a BIG FLAG!
see... BIG FLAG!
Our hostessess with themostesses and Jarom too, passing out programs with flair and panache what characters!
And of course, my Dad's long time Woodbadge buddy came and played the bagpipes it was SO COOL! Loud, but very cool, he played to open and as to escourt the ranks in and the parent and Eagle candidates to the stage, super neat!
This is how the flag looked before we took it down, there was a tremendous support from family, friends, teachers, etc for all three boys... They set up 150 chairs and had to bring in more and there were STILL people standing, it was incredible!
Dad aka Papa aka Scoutmaster or as the boys call him the "Iltimate" Scouter we are trying to not let it gert to his head :)
David was the "voice of the Eagle" he narrated through the different rank advancements. It was a neat evening... Thisi s part I of two which will follow when I get pics from my dads camera in a few weeks I know you are waiting with bated breath :) David took pictures with our camera and I took them with my Dad's so we have some diffferent things we took pics of people etc. And we took another family pic, uniforms and all... yeah you will want to see that one, to be continued :)


No comments: