So, yeah I know we didn't move here yesterday... and I have been putting this off and my real motivator was killing two birds with one stone (and considering there is a Drivers Liscence Division right off 8th North, a few blocks down from my house I don't have excuses, except today I did not take intoconsideration that many State offices includding the DLD takes Fridays off to conserve energy everyone and their mother was there NOT a msart move) So, my motives, I needed to reigister to vote in UT, I am a CA absentee voter, but I have NO IDEA where that absentee valot goes when I am not living there anymore... CA would probably lobve my VOTE for Prop 8, but that is alot of work, and since I have lived in UT for over a year now, I figured it was time to make it OFFICIAL, :(The kids are doing GREAT loving school, Bailey auditioned for the school play today, she does not expect to make it, she says 9th graders and drama club members get preference, but she has enough on her plate espanol and the viola, she breezes through everything else which is a blessing and still amazes me, she is awesome. Dallin is still pumped about about scouting he will earn his 20th activity pin at out next pack meeting (David is at Round Table right now, how fun!) which comes with a special award for earning them all, and a special conservation award and Leave No Trace Awarness Award, he has started on his earning the rest of his belt loops and is working on his Cub Scout Letter and the pins that go on it, and extension of the Belt Loops (more diffucult requirements) I had a discussion with his tecaher yesterday and he says Dallin is a joy in class, is inquisitive and great reader, and top in Math. Peyton and Sydney are our socialites, who would have thunk. Theyare good readers, I can tell their improvement daily duering scripture study. I take 30 minutes readin time seriously, and I sit down with them for help but sometimes it is the only time I get to read! Carter brings his books as well and we use the front room as our quiet reading room, sacred ground! They all take their chores semi-seriously but know that they have to be done and done right so they can play, our weekly rotation is working well for us, I spoke to one woman who was appalled I was making my chldren do work and I did not do all the chores around the house, at first I thought she was kidding! I told her no, we believe it is iimportant our children learn to work from a young age so they grow up to be useful hard working members of society, she was quiet after that. We do encounter occasional weirdness! Overall is well I am acclimateing to my 5 am work schedule, most days:) I finally made it to an Enrichment night, and I am taking a place as Teacher Appreciation Commisioner on the Orem Junior High School PTSA, so I starting to put myself out there again, it feels good :) So, I guess trading in my CA liscence is not all bad we will always be more CA than UT 4 of us were born in CA (Peyton, Sydney, Caretr and I) Dallin and Bailey were born here and David was born in Canada,so I will and will forever be a California girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment