CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

We went there on Saturday! As a tradition the Menifee Stake always does a temple Day prior to Stake Conference, it was kind of cool they had the temple open for 24 hours and challenged members of the stake to go at certain times they had un endowed young adults doing baptisms at 11 pm and Grandma Moore even was doing evening sessions at 9 pm and did not get home until 2 am Saturday morning! Many people did many sessions. It was neat because, we went down with my parents, Noelle and Jason and Josh and Vanessa, and by sheer conincidence my cousin Heather and Seth were in the same session. It was a great feeling to be in the temple, especially with my family, most especially with David. I love the San Diego Temple it is so beautiful... all the temples are... I remember going through the Open House and I remember the dedication like it was yesterday. What a miracoulous time we live in. I think back to President Hinckley and his vision of the building of temples and how impossible it seemed and how possible it has become and continues to roll forth, what a blessing and privledge to enter those holy, sacred walls. It was a great, great day. I kept thinking about how we are learning "I love to see the Temple" in american sign language in Primary and I kept seeing and hearing the words in my mind as I would walk and wonder in awe of the beauty inside and out, and the resposibility that lies before me as the mother of 5 young children to prepare them for their journey through life to get them to the point that they too may enter those blessed walls, it is overwhelming yet simple at the same time. We know what we need to do, we just need to do it! Anyways, in so many ways, it was a homecoming to see many friends from our "former" (home it will always be to me) stake and to hear President Dix, and the Matron and President of the Temple of speak, and to hear sweet Sister Killian play the organ as I have heard so many times, it was a wonderful day! I feel so blessed :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's a beautiful post! What a special day.