Although Disneyland is a few years older, it has been one of our magical places we have loved to hsare together...I remmeber the day we stood in the rain to get our passess on a President's day in 2000, what was/is wrong with us? I do miss it so much more than I thought I would... the kids still think it is just soomething we can do whenever we want! At least wheneevr we come to CA, and with gas orices, well don't even get me started I am sure Disneyland will even find a way to hike thier orices up for the price of gas rising, but we still go!
Three things Walt Disney said, ""We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together."—Walt Disney
"Disneyland is the star. Everything else is in the supporting role."—Walt Disney
"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—Walt Disney
And that is how I felt when I was a kid and I still feel (and miss) when I take my children there... I know we will return someday (I talk like it is a foreign country and we haven't already been more times than most in a lifetime, but it has been a big part of our lives, and a big part of our lives chnaging) My sister-in-law Jodi always says when she walks through the gates she always feelslike she is coming home and I feellike that is true! No matter what else changes, what attractions they may add,change, or remove it will always have Sleeping Beauty's Castle and Main Street and when you walk down that way, there is a joy and excitement of being with the ones you love and the thrill and exxcitement of what are we going to do first? And the adults are always as excited as the kids... So Happy Birthday Disneyland, and I didn't forget about you, I hope you get a HOT, BUSY day at the BIG D on your shared day at least she is 19 years younger than you if my math is correct? I hope you have a good one whether you spend it at the happiest place on earth or with the happiest people on earth... Love ya, Michelle
ps. if you do go take a ride on all the big ones for me , k :) all the mountains and at least 4 x's on Screamin'
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your Disneyland pictures and music!! How fun! I love D-land just as much! It's my favorite place to go w/ my kids, because so many of my own special childhood memories are wrapped up in the experience!
Post a Comment