CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy & Papa!

(You may need glasses for this:) For some reason my little note did not appear with my birthday "slide show dedication" to my dad. I've known my dad along time, LOL almost 35 years... and as a kid I remembering thinking 30 was old, 40, 50, 60 and so on. As I have watched my dad past these milestones those ages don't seem as old anymore. He was a fireman"fighting fires, saving lives and laughing ha, ha in the face of death" if I remember correctly for over 30 years... Most 60 year olds aren't out every day (all day) building sheds in their backyards, most 60 years olds, who are called to be scoutmaster for the 8th time (I think) and is thrilled (most men are not excited by this position, he did just receive his 50 year pin in scouting! I think it is my dad's favorite church calling), run a 10 day scout and high adventure camp (with a hurt neck, thankfully I KNOW through the priesthood blessings he received) I don't' know many men who put in 8 hours in a mission presidency and STILL insist in being apart of the the exhausting shows they put on every night, and cannot wait to get his paper in to get back out in the mission field and serve the Lord. My parents travel the country and and have made 2 trips to Scotland, he kayaks (rafts when he HAVES too) and keeps up with my younger brothers, and the most important thing in his life is us My mom his 8 children (in laws are considered children too) and his 14 grandchildren.
The past 3 years have been hard for my parents and and I, but I have NEVER doubted my love for unconditional me. We adopted a saying in our family,"No Empty Chairs" and I actually researched it because it was bugging me because, I don't remember where I heard it from, Stephen R. Covey (thinking of of single family phrase), "they finally came up with this single phrase that embodies the essence of all they were thinking and feeling: “No Empty Chairs”. “No Empty Chairs”, is probably derived from a famous talk by Ezra Taft Benson about a vision for his own family that in the hereafter, that there would be no empty chairs at the family table. The same sentiment embodies the essence of my own mission statement. Not in wording, but in principle. uses it as we have in the eternal perspective of things NO EMPTY CHAIRS in the celestial kingdom, we want everyone there! And, that is a constant reminder to me from my parents and to my children about the choices we make in life.
Sure he has his aches and pains, he is 61 now! Which would be too numerous to mention, he keeps going... he rarely stops! He left for Scotland days after he was misdiagnosed with a broken C2! I said this would be short, but if you know me, nothing could be short and sweet, especially my love for my dad, it grows down deep and goes far. Nothing makes me prouder to be your daughter, and even though we weren't there to celebrate, I hope you know our hearts and minds were there. I LOVE YOU, doesn't even seem like enough, you are the most faithful, brave, honest, fearless, thoughtful, valiant, hard working man I know. I am sure I could come up with a MILLION adjectives to describe my LOVE for you I will always be your Mishyboo, no matter how old I get, and I love you from the depths of my soul ~ Mish

No comments: