CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Our trip to the EYE doctor!




Bailey, Peyton and I made a trip to the eye doctor. Both girls have been claiming to have trouble seeing the borad at school, and since I am supposed to wear reading glasses, and I have a constant headached from staring at the computer screen checked out anyways. Peyton was disappointed she would not need glasses until the fall... which by the way, I dont really understand how he can see into the future like that? I may have to ask Dr. Dan sometime? He said come back in August, I mean really does he need the extra $20 copay anywyas? So they had to have their eyes dialated and wait 45 minutes, he gave them funky glasses to wear, and since my appt was with another Dr. I have no idea why, they took Carter to the car to watch a movie until my visit was done and then it would be time for him to check out the dialated eyes.


I waited, and waited and waited... I kept asking the receptionist if I was going to be up soon, by the way we were there at 8:10, the girls appt were at 830 and mine mine was at 9, the girls were supposed to be rechecked at 830, and I finally got to see the doctor at 945... needless to say, we will NOT be going back to Excel Eye center on 800 N in Orem anymore, and I would not suggest them to anyone else either. We do have to go back once to get my and Bailey's glasses (she has to wear them all the time, poor girl she got her dad's eye sight, but she got a supercool pair of glasses :) Will post the pic when we get them later in the week... I did however get pictures of their dialated eyes, it was so funnym they were totally tripped out by it, and it was funny cause Bailey's BF from Spanish came up to spend the night that day and she had been to the eye doc too, so all four of us had dialted eyes... The best part of the story (at least now it is, it was the worst at the time) becuase the kids had benn in the car watchng a movie, the car would not start... OF COURSE :) I was on a "break" from work, and I had my eyes dialated as well, it was super bright and I had those funky sunglasses on, trying to get the hood open, get a hold of David, txting him (when I cant see by the way) THANKFULLY UI have a briliant husband and the battery charger was in the back, I just had no idea how to use it... and you know helpful Utahans, I have my hood open these stupid glasses on, constantly hitting reidal and txting David, does anyone ask to help? I mean seriously this is in the parking lot of Timp Hospital and Physicians Offices, as SUPER busy place, I just determined... people are JERKS! Finally David called (his phone was charging, of course) I was just confused by the charger, cause it actually had directions, but it said put the red clamp on the red part od the battery, and the black clamp on the black part, TEHERE WAS NO RED PART... IT WAS BLUE! Since I did not want to ruin the car,, I was out of my mind... not to mention my 3 year old who has NO patience (we had already been in the doctor's office for over 3 and a half hours) an 8 year old whose patience is limitied and my saving grace Bailey who was able to get the hood open when I could not... what a night mare, the best part... I got pics of their dialated eyes, as you can tell, peyton was not real happy about me taking the picture... hopefully, this is a stage :)




3 comments:

debra said...

I'm really not laughing at your horrible situation... really, I'm not! Glad you were able to get it resolved and we can't wait to see the new glasses!

Wendy said...

What a fun trip to the eye dr! Thanks for the laugh this afternoon. I'm glad that you were finally able to leave that place. I can't wait to see the new glasses.

Jodi Leishman said...

Wow, that's a frustrating morning. I hate having to wait so long for appointments especially when you have kids in tow. Can't wait to see the cute glasses.