CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!

This gift was from thekids... basically Peyton filled up a bag with stuff from her room... we could not stop laughing!
She wanted Chinese food for dinner, and we told her ok, but she had to eat it with chop sticks!
Usually we take the kids out for dinner on their bday and shopping with a spending limit! Considering for most of the day we were in the car driving home from CA (sorry, Bailey) things were a little less structured and planned! We had an idea of what we wanted to get her, but we gave her the choice of going with us and the spending limit, or risk having mom & dad choose her gift? She pondered this (for too long!) and we threw in the part about how the gift we had in mind would probably be more than we normally spend... hmmm, she was still thinking. Each of the kids would whisper what they thought it was and I would reply, "Oh no! they guessed 99 pairs of underwear and a bra!" MMMMOOOOOOMMMMMMMMY! That's what Bailey would say... so it was so funny when she started unwrapping the underwear, one pair after the other, we are so mean... I know!
Thank goodness at the bottom of the bag of underwear (not 99 pair, that would be excessive, LOL :) was an IPOD nano, she was somewhere between excited and relieved!
No one ever said we were normal! She had a celebration with her CA cousins on Tuesday and we will celebrate with the UT family on Sunday, so it has pretty been an all week event! She met with the primary president and is having an interview with the Bishop on Sunday, because she finished her Faith in God (she is so awesome!)
HAPPY TWELVE BAILEY, we LOVE you!

5 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!!! I can't believe you're 12! So grown up! ;)
We love you!!

Wendy said...

Happy 12th Birthday Bailey!!! Looks like you had a great bday!

Ruth Ann said...

Happy Birthday to our oldest grand-daughter!!!! Wow - going to Young Women's! We love you!

Nicole said...

Seriously Michelle?? She's going into Young Womens? Where has the time gone! Wow! She's so grown up. That's so funny about the underwear. I love it! An ipod is a great idea. We got Darren one for Christmas. I was resisting at first, but when he kept asking for a bunch of CD's, I knew it was time for an ipod so I could monitor what he's listening to. There's no way I'm giving him a whole CD of songs from any group. Who knows what he'd be exposed to. We have a strict rule about downloading songs only when Jason or I approve. (better if it's me.. Jason is more lax) hee hee

Jodi Leishman said...

Happy Birthday Bailey. An IPOD - how fun. I borrow Tanner's all the time for running - it's great!!

I can't believe your a Young Women now.