CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Bailey is going to get BRACES!

Yes it is true, we are told... it is time! These are Bailey's teeth from an xray view you can see on the top teeth, the orthodontist drew on the braces to give us an idea of what they were going to be doing. We were going to have Dr. CRawford do her braces, however there will be a few obstacles along the way. Sh ehas a 70% deep bite (20% is normal) She has a gap betwee her front teeth, which I had as well which is caused by low frenum attachment, this is the muscle fiber between the two front teeth, mine was bad, and I had to have a frenectomy, not fun... but it keeps the space between my fron teeth not be there anymore. The man thing is the impacted bicupids. If you look just above the two front teeth there are two teeth that are not coming in where they are suppposed to be, there will have to be some major work done, but not having it done would be mroe painful... and probably more expensive, believe it or not in the long run! She will only be getting the top braces first, since that is where the majority of work will be done, and at some point she will need to see an oral surgeon. We figure since David and I both wore brace she did not have a chance... the good news, only 24-28 months, so sometimes after her 14ht birthday, is that almost 9th grade! Seems so far away, but I know the time will fly!
The Dr. took several pcitures of her for before pictures and to get an idea of the course of treatment, isn't she cute :) BTW, we love the Orthodontist, Dr. Thompson... he is just across the street, almost from Crawford-Leishman and now we are super close to both our dentist and orthodontist, I have no idea if I am even spelling that wrong?
Front view, see the gap between the two front teeth, got that from mom... See the muscle right in between the two teeth, that is the frenum. I remember Dr. Packard told me everytime I "exersized" that muscle it would push the fron two teeth apart, that is why they literally. they cut it short... I am interedsted to see Bailey's I will have to look closer and ask, I think mine may have grown back, I am not sure, but it seems to be getting longer again, although I could be making that up, right?
My kids love that I embarass them publically (sp?) yes, I am posting pictures of he rmouth on our blog... if you are offended move on!
She was told not to laugh or smile in this picture, every time she told her not to laugh or smile she would crack up! I love that about Bailey, she is so fun! And , no I did not bring my own camera, these are actually copies of the pics the doc gave us... SHe is nervous, but excited!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Bailey, I'm sorry to hear about the braces... but I think we've all had them. Maybe it's a Right of Passage to be a true Harrison. ;)

Nicole said...

Good luck with all that. looks like a very extensive Ortho. I've never seen anyone take so many pics like that. Cool that he gave you copies. I know my Darren will need braces, and not looking forward to the whole ordeal or expense. Aaahhhh!