CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 28, 2008

One of the neat things about living in Utah!

This is the flag by our Macey's in Spanish Fork!
We love you President Hinckley!
I am sure most of you have heard by now about the passing os President Hinckley on Sunday evening... While we are saddened by his passing, we are happy for him to be reunited with his lovely wife, and others who have also passed on. We will miss his talks filled with the spirit and class wit, but we so find comfort however in the plan of salvation and knowledge that he is in a better place free from the ailments of his body. One of the great things about living here is the respect that is shown to our beloved prophet, as I was driving to a meeting today all up and down the freeway the flags were being flown at half mass in rememberance and respect for this great man. I remember being in the taberancle for the solemn assembly when we sustained President Hinkley as 15th President of the church, such a spiritual experience to be apart of, I will always remember he is the only prophet my children have known and he was sustained right before David and I got married, March 12, 1995 he was set apart in the Salt Lake Temple. He was the oldest prophet in the Latter Days and he dedicated more temples than any other prophet. It is really neat to hear the "special reports" on the news... very respectful.

3 comments:

Amy said...

In a way it is strange to hear all of the tributes on the news to our dear Prophet. But it is also amazing and wonderful. He was such a wonderful man. It is so great to see the respect that he is being shown.

g said...

His passing is so bittersweet. He's the prophet who signed my mission call, just months after he was sustained.

Wendy said...

I love seeing the way people are paying tribute to our Prophet. He was amazing and left a great legacy!