
David is always in charge of PUMPKIN CARVING, I think it is gross and he does such a great job of it, that I let him take that completely over. There was a contest at our ward party, WOW is that a big deal, there were some super ideas my favorite is the pirate ship... that one is "Dallin's", at least the one he picked out for dad to carve for him :)

Peyton was a ROCK DIVA, very fitting for our little drama queen... these costumes were awfully skimpy for an 8 year old, or any year old for that matter, so we had to do a little adjusting! Oh did I mention that this was our most chilly Halloween, in like EVER! We are adjusting to Fall where it is actually Fall, the chilly evenings are not condusive to most Halloween costumes!

Okay, we are weird! David tie dyed our shirts and we found these funky wigs at WalMart and we could not resist... David had dress up at work, Carter and I went over for their potluck lunch... David and I just got called to be on the activities commitee at church (just in time for Halloween) and so we had to show ward spirit. They had games, dinner, costume parade and trunk or treating... the kids still wanted to go out for MORE after that, where do they get the energy??? David also got called to be in the nursery on Sundays with Carter and I am working with the wolves (Cub Scouts), which is not Dallin's group, but they combine alot!

Bailey was our SPA QUEEN, she even had Neways products tucked into her belt :) We went trick or treating at David's work (Neways) and that went over real big! The green "mask" which we used Halloween witch makeup, did not however... the doctor is pretty sure she got an infection in her eye, or is coming down with a head cold... either way not a welcome visitor in the Harrison household... everyone gets it, YUCK!

Dallin was our resident Harry Potter, I even knitted a scarf and hat to keep him warm, which he said kept him too warm... I told him he had to wear it anyway! We broke our tradition of family themed costumes (my favorite part of the holiday) somewhere with moving, etc. the ball got dropped on Halloween, all of a sudden it was here! And everyone already had an idea of what they wanted to be, so I broke down and let everyone choose! The weekend before Halloween Dallin came up with this GREAT idea for us to be the 7 Harrys (Book 7) which a month ago would have been a great idea, oh well there is always next year!

Sydney was our beautiful FAIRY PRINCESS, her eyes may be closed but that shows my fabulous make up job, LOL! Again, with the costumes she had to wear long sleeves to keep the chill away and for that matter to remain modest!

Isn't he CUTE? Carter was so excited to be the ARMY MAN! His costume came complete with a grenade, a knife (which we stowed away), canteen and a walkie talkie! This will bring days of happiness for him to play with. Carter has become accustomed to playing solo, which I think is just as important to learning to play with others, which he is getting great at also... he is growing up so fast I can hardly believe it, wasn't he just born yesterday??? Pretty soon it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas, where has the time gone?
6 comments:
What great costumes!! You all look so darling! Great pumpkins David!
Your family looked great for Halloween! (Hopefully, next year you can get back to the "themed" costumes.)
How cute! Dallin really looks like Harry Potter, lol!
Great pictures -- and darling kids!!! (the parents looked great too -- nice hair!!)
Very cute costumes. It was a bummer we didn't get to see you guys on Halloween, but fun to see your costumes anyways.
What a cute family Michelle! I LOVE Halloween and dressing up. What family themes have you done in the past? That's fun! I can't get my kids to go for that. I tried to do Wizard of Oz this year but no go. You can check my blog if you want to see what we ended up with. Jason and I were supposed to be Popeye and Olive Oyl for a party but he had to work during all those fires. We're going to save that for next year.
Post a Comment