The kids had this great assmebly today for Veteran's Day! Here is the show choir singing "America Rocks, it's totally cool" Bailey and Dallin are in the show choir and they are really enjoying the choir it is a good experience for them to be involved! You can see Bailey's profile on the last row, I can't find Dallin in here but he was there singing away!
Sydney and Peyton are in the younger choir and they sang as well...
We had local Veteran's come and share thoughts about military service, they brought in the colors and retired them to taps, it was very moving!
Dallin taking a break to smile for the camera!
The kids were all in red white and blue... Bailey is on the student council food drive commitee. They did a little thing after the program showing the types of food to be donated... Bailey was incharge of bringing pasta and dry soup. One kid brought diapers and another toilet paper, things people need - they got a big laugh from the audience :P
One of the neatest parts of the program was the slide show with pictures of soldiers at war, and memorials to those who were killed in the line of duty...
MAN, talk about a tear jerker! The images were set to "Come, Thy Fount of Many Blessing"I believe it was the BYU Combined choirs that were singing it... I put up a link of them singing it!
Reading though the words and listening to the music when I got home, I am in such awe of the blessings we have to live in this country, to praise how we want to praise, live how we want to live, raise our children how we want to raise them and so much more. I'm highly emotional right now, and this tribute to the Veteran's and thinking about Thanksgiving being so close, it brought life into perspective, just thought I would share... I felt honored to be at the kids assembly and blessed to see them learn the imprtance of being a hero! And their beloved great grandparents who fought for our freedoms and those who are away from their families right now doing the same! I hope you too can take the time to contemplate how blessed we are!
I loved this picture because he looks so strong!
WAR - what do we really know?Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.
Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,
Till released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I’ll begin;
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood;
How His kindness yet pursues me
Mortal tongue can never tell,
Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me
I cannot proclaim it well.
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.

3 comments:
Michelle- what a neat post and what a special assembly for your kids to be a part of! I don't think I've ever heard that song... wow- it is VERY moving.
Seriously, thank you for helping me change my frame of mind too... I needed it.
What a great experience for your kids and their school. Thanks for the post, it was very moving!
What a neat program. Thanks for helping to keep things in perspective for us. Tell the kids great job!!
Post a Comment