Thursday, August 16, 2007
Moving In, the story behind the DRAMA, LOL!
My friend LeAnne told me to update our blog since it had been a few days - Except, we left our camera in CA so it will be a boring monologue of our moving adventures with no pictures. Everyone knows moving is no fun, but packing up and leaving in a week is REALLY no fun! David had applied for this job with Neways in Springville serveral months ago (4 or 5) and we really did not think much about it. But, about a month ago they called and it has been a whirlwind since then. He had three interviews in a week and then things were on hold for a while because of the 4th of July holiday. David kept following up and they kept reassuring him he was still in the running for the position. Well, the end of July and first week of August we had this vacation planned, since last summer for the Moore Family Reunion and more recently Ryan ande Alisa's wedding was added to our itinerary. A week before we left they asked David to fly up for an interview, which just happened to be the Monday before we planned to BE in Utah. He went on the interview and Thursday of that week (the 26th of July) they offered him the job. That was the day before we left for vacation. David gave his notice, the first week of which was vacation and we spent that in Utah with family for the wedding and reunion and frantically looking for a place to live. They wanted him to start August 13th. We also wanted to be up here to begin school on the 21st. So, we found a place signed a lease on our way out of town Friday afternoon. We spent the rest of the week packing, packing, packing. To back up a little bit, during the reunion Bailey had taken a fall while playing a water game. We did not think much of it until the next week until she started complaining alot. Poor kid got a clumy streak from her mother, I am not very graceful. I kept asking her if she wanted to go to the doctor, she kept refusing, I kept loading her up on ibuprofen, ice and heat. Finally on Thursday I just made an appt an took her in, they took xrays, to reveal a compressed fracture of the spine. I love winning the mother of the year award for putting these things off! We went down to Children's HOspital Orthopedics on Friday (the day before we were supposed to move) and they wanted her to wear this special brace for 4-6 weeks. Of course they did not have it in the office, we had to go to another place where she had to be fitted for it AFTER it was approved by our insurance. And they wanted to see her back in a week. We had the Uhaul scheduled for later that day and David had to start work on Monday, so we played out several scenarios on how this move would proceed. We finally decided we would all move Saturday moring and the kids and I would drive back when the brace was approved and stay until her appt on Friday. I would take th etrailer back down, since we did not get everything in one trip - we have too much stuff. We got here about 7 pm on Sat night, David's parents and the newlyweds came to help us move in, and some members of our new ward came over as well. The sister across the street brought us some chowder and cornbread, so nice! We have some heavy pieces of furniture and awkward oversized pieces, so we were so GRATEFUL for everyone's help. We all looked forward to a nice hot bath/shower to clean up... that's when we discovered no gas on a Saturday night and no hopes of it until at least Monday. (we finally got someone here yesterday... Wednesday) So, we have been going Pioneer style heating water up on the stove all week, thank goodness for electric stoves! Plans changed a little bit when my parents discovered the plan for me to drive 600+ miles with 5 kids towing a trailer. They were up here and offered to take Bailey to her appts and she is flying home Monday night in time for school to start. Unpacking is going slowly I think the last month has finally caught up with both David and I, I wish the kids had a little less energy! We did go to the Library on Tuesday and made a trip to Macey's (the grocery store). We had a ward party at Spanish Fork water park, but lightenong kept us out of the pool, so we just ate. We look forward to meeting new people and reconnecting with friends who have moved up this way, and staying in touch with our friends in CA. Tuesday cannot come soon enough, the kids are actually excited about school starting. We went up to see who their teachers are (they will all be in Elementry, 6th grade in still in Elementry here:) and checked out the school, it is a maze! The kids love it is all indoors, I told them the will especially appreciate that when it is snowy! Hope everyone is well, love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sounds like it has been a fun couple of weeks! We are so glad that you made it here safely! It's fun having you close!
Crazy, crazy, crazy!!! Glad you're here in one piece! Look forward to seeing you guys soon. :)
WOW!!! I feel for you, but don't envy you in the least Michelle. Moving can't even happen with out drama. But on the bright side... at least you're here and that is a huge plus! Can't wait to see you at the birthday bash, if not sooner!
Good luck!
Oh my goodness! That does NOT sound fun. I hope you're getting settled in now. Good luck with everything!!
Welcome to Utah!! I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off since we got home from St. George. I had to close out the PTA books this week - not fun!! I'm hoping we can see you guys and your new house soon. I hope Bailey feels better soon.
Michelle, how did you even have time to write this e-mail?? My goodness, what madness! You have obviously been blessed with great family and friends to help. How did Bailey's appts. go? Can she go to school fine? I can't wait for school to start also. I hope you get settled in okay. I'm so glad to find out about your blog and look forward to keeping in touch better now. Get some rest!!
Post a Comment