
Last Thursday I went with Bailey and her Orchestra class to hear the Utah Valley Symphony Orchestra play. They do a free concert for students every year before their season begins... it was GREAT and inspired Bailey to practice more to become a better violist! We met a cellist and violist outside and complemented them on the performance, the violist encouraged Bailey, she said they need GREAT violist... she is improving and she signed up to play with our Stake Orchestra for the Christmas Program AND Stake Conference, my little Bailey she is so talented! They played several pieces Beethoven's 5th (probably hismost popular) some Mozart I don't remember the last piece but it was called Gypsey Dance and it was my favorite, it sounded very earthy and I could just see a Spanish gypsy dancing in the streets of Barcelona, it was cool!

It was CRAZY too, so many school kids Elementry-High School, the Provo Tabernacle staff is a finely tuned machine how they got everyone in and out of there... it is a beautiful building!

The inside reminds me of a mini Tabernacle on Temple Square even down to the hard wood pews we sat on! We had a great view of the performers, right above, not a great picture but I wasn't sure if we were supposed to take pictures so it was a sneaky one I took from my purse... no flash or anything... what a rebel!

Carter got to go as well, which was fun for him... a nightmare for me (note to self 3 year olds don't sit well during musical performances) However, the Jr. High School kids were not very well behaved either! The teacher had to keep moving kids aropound, some of them were very disresepctful, it made me sad :(

Bailey and her friend Eva - they are both viloist and were both wwell behaved I am happy to report! We went to the Univeersity Town Center after for lunch and they just let the kids go and said be back at 12:50 - I was a little shocked! But, everyone ACTUALLY made it back to the bus on time. I haven't been on a field trip with Bailey since I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle at the Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside! I kinda swore off for a while, it was VERY embarassing all the kids, teachers and other parents were very nice and I had an ankle the size of an avocado. I was on crutches and a brace for 8 weeks, wonder why? I swore of field trips for a while??? I can laugh about it now, that DANG lavandaria we had to climb down 60 steps to look at it, and at the top I thought to myself do I REALLY want to go down there? Too many steps to climb back up, especially hop up which is what I ended up doing, okay I am dwelling. The orchestra was fun and no one Bailey or I or anyone else got hurt - HAPPY DAY, GREAT MUSIC, field trip curse broken, LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment