This was like our last activity, so we will work our way back... sorry! I went on a field trip with Sydney's 1st grade class to Thanksgiving Point & the Linden Nursery. We went to the nursery for a tour first and then to Thanksgiving Point, which is in Lehi and if you don't know what it is, well??? How to explain, they have everything from movies theaters and family oriented activities, they have scenic gardens, educational facilities, quality restaurants, a world class golf course, and right now they have this huge corn maze and play area for Halloween. We went on the educational tour, here is Sydney milking the mock cow :)
Carter was pressing the button on the milk processing machine, they had a video and a setup of the whole process cow to carton.
I think I uploaded the pictures backward, oh well - this is the BIGGEST TURKEY I have ever seen, think it is past Thanksgiving dinner weight?
This was a wet, rainy cold day. The wind was blowing like crazy, I loved this picture it reminded me of a scene from the movie Twister!
Sydney's class, in their class shirts and Sydney in her sweater - IT WAS COLD!
OKay I know... kind of a scary picture, but the tour guide took it while we were on a hay ride, it was awfully cold and bumpy!
Sydney petting the piglets!
Feeding the goatas, thank goodness the have purell all over the place... BEST INVENTION EVER!
At the nursery the kids got to plant an ivy plant, they talked all about how to grow a plant you need soil and a seed, and sunshine and water to grow. Ours is sitting in the window sill... but is not exactly thriving... it was a fun activity anyways!
At Thanksgiving Point they read the kids the story and they got to plant a wheat germ in a little necklace capsule thing, not sure what to do with that once it sprouts?
Our first stop was the Linden Nursery which is in Lindon... seriously the sign spells it Linden, so I just thought that was weird, truly after all these years they must know they spelled it wrong? Some of their Mother's Day Baskets they have to start 2 years in advance and they already have things started for next year. This is why I am not a gardener, no patience!
At the nursery the kids got to plant an ivy plant, they talked all about how to grow a plant you need soil and a seed, and sunshine and water to grow. Ours is sitting in the window sill... but is not exactly thriving... it was a fun activity anyways!
At Thanksgiving Point they read the kids the story and they got to plant a wheat germ in a little necklace capsule thing, not sure what to do with that once it sprouts?
Our first stop was the Linden Nursery which is in Lindon... seriously the sign spells it Linden, so I just thought that was weird, truly after all these years they must know they spelled it wrong? Some of their Mother's Day Baskets they have to start 2 years in advance and they already have things started for next year. This is why I am not a gardener, no patience!
3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! We need to make it over there someday... it's just so far from us. :)
What a fun, educational day! Thanks for sharing it with us. For some reason it is windy most of times I've been at Thanksgiving point. Now I throw a jacket in whenever I'm going there.
Too fun... I can't wait to go see all the halloween activities.
Post a Comment