CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

THE DEER HUNT

David and Dallin went deer hunting on Saturday with David's dad and his brother Ryan. They got up so early they got to see the sunrise!


Here are the three men with their prize!
Here they are taking the hide off, yummy!
Dallin the future of hunting :) It was cold, they left early because of white out conditions.
They were about 10 minutes into things when Dad spotted this 2 point! They spent the rest of the day looking and all they saw were does and elk,
thank goodness they have other days to hunt! The girls and especially Carter were fascinated by the dead deer in the back of Grandpa's truck, Carter just stood there and stared. Apparently there is no way to close a deer's eyes after it is dead, it was kind of creepy to me.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay for the hunt!!! Maybe next year we will have 3 bucks to deal with!!!

Amy said...

Yeah for Dad! 10 minutes out... unbelievable! It looks like all of the boys had a great time (including Dallin)! It looks a tad too messy for me. :)

Amy said...

I forgot to say... BEAUTIFUL sunrise picture David!!!!

debra said...

I'll join you on the creepy part... the whole thing creeps me out- but the boys love it. Hopefully Ryan will get his "buck" when they go out again.

I'm not sure I'm fond of the skinning pictures... my question is- where's the skin at now? In the Harrisons trash can?! I bet the garbage men love this time of year! YUCK!

Alisa said...

sweet!! I'm glad you posted these because I didn't see any pictures!!! I think I may take a few from your blog, if that's ok!!

Jodi Leishman said...

The things those boys get excited about. A dead dear. I told my boys that the dear was sticking its tongue out at Grandpa when he shot it.

Donna Schauers said...

Congratulations!!