CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Raingutter Regatta!


We had our raingutter regatta las night for Cub Scouts and Dallin took 1st place! The funny thing about this race is not really on how the boat is designed, but how much air the boy can blow, here is Dallin with his prize winning boat!
Dallin got a little sun today, he came in 20th in the whole school at their field day (almost 800 students) in their 1 mile race... Sydney got first place in the 1st grade relay, I got to go to a training at work for 7 hours so, Carter and I missed all the fun :( We heard it was a susccessful activity!
Dallin got to carry in and retire the colors, this has to be be my favorite part of a pack meeting or court of honor. A few months ago when we were still down in Spanish and I was Wolf Leader, one of the things the boys had to do was learn about the Pledge of Alligence. After doing some research I came across a great breakdown:
The Pledge of Allegiance was written with a strong meaning we all, as citizens, believe in. "I pledge allegiance," means I promise to be true."To the flag" means to the symbol of out country."Of the United States of America" means each state that has joined to make our country."And to the Republic" means a republic is a country where the people choose others to make laws for them. The government is for the people."For which it stands," mean the flag stands for the country."One Nation" means a single country."Under God" means the people believe in a supreme being."Indivisible" means the country cannot be split into parts."With liberty and justice" means with freedom and fairness."For all" means for each person in the country.
(http://www.kyrene.org/schools/brisas/sunda/flag/flag_day/page4.htm)

Dallin earned three awards, Artist, HandyMan and Communicator, his Webelo colors are filling up!
Here Dallin is using his hot air to win the race! Good Job to Dallin and his GOLDEN BOAT :)
We love you!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats Dallin!! That's very interesting information about the Pledge of Allegiance, gives new meaning to it!

Jodi Leishman said...

WOW!! Great job Dallin. Congrats on earning all of your awards.

Nicole said...

FUN!! We didn't do the Regatta this year. We did Pinewood Derby and we'll be doing the Rockets for the first time in a few months. I enjoy Weblos. Darren just got his Arrow of Light last week. I'm the Weblos den leader, and now he's not in it. It won't be as much fun for me. Great job Dallin on all your Activity Badges. Keep it up because there's a "Super Achiever" Award he can earn if he gets all 20 activity badges BEFORE earning his Arrow of Light.